Effective: January 2022
GetRateQuotes, helps connect individuals with companies that may be able to provide insurance products through an online marketplace. Below we highlight important takeaways about us and the service we provide our consumers:
- Our partners include businesses and their agents, and or third parties who can provide you with various products and or services that may be of interest to you. Our partner network is represented as advertisers or our network of advertisers.
- Our website enables the consumer to shop within our network of advertisers to acquire more about products and services offered. Consumer also has the ability to complete a quote directly from an advertiser(s) to choose if they want to complete a purchase.
- We are not an insurance company or an insurance agent.
- We do not sell products or services on behalf of our advertisers.
- When using our website, you will share all applicable information with GetRateQuotes and allow us permission to share this information with our network of advertisers to direct you to advertiser(s) to better understand the products and services and or request a quote from them.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
- Information you provide to us through forms on GetRateQuotes.com.
- Information collected automatically when you use forms on GetRateQuotes.com
- Information you provide on a call with us or an advertiser.
- Information given to us from advertisers, third parties, and other offline sources.
- Any other information you choose to provide to us.
Each category allows us to communicate with you and process your quote request. We also use this information to better understand how consumers use our services and improve those services in compliance with applicable laws. Further detail per category below.
Information You Provide Through Forms on GetRateQuotes
When you submit information through GetRateQuotes, we use that information to match you to providers of products and services. For example, GetRateQuotes allows you to provide name, phone number, vehicle information, etc in order to match to insurance providers and received quotes for relevant coverage. The information you submit depends on which insurance (or other products) you are interested in quoting.
It's important to note that any information provided via GetRate Quotes must be shared with appropriate service providers so they can produce your quotes.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use a Form on GetRateQuotes
We also collect information automatically when you use a form on GetRateQuotes, such as which pages and forms you’ve accessed on GetRateQuotes as well as information about your browser, device and activity per page viewed. Similar to other websites, we may collect such information by using online tracking technologies, including cookies, pixels, tags, and other unique identifiers. MoreDetail below:
- Usage Information. We may collect information about:
- how you interact with GetRateQuotes and how you found our site.
- Which pages on our website you accessed and what site(s) you were on before linking to our site.
- Which quotes you interact with and which advertiser sites you visit, including timestamps of when those sites were visited.
- other demographic and usage information.
- Device, Browser, and Location Information.
- device type, browser type, IP Address (used only to identify geographic area. We comply with all applicable laws related to this data)
- Cookies or other technologies that allow us to uniquely identify your device or browser.
Behavior when interacting with Advertisers, Advertisements, Emails, and other Communications. We also collect information when you interact with forms on GetRateQuotes including the information submitted on any forms as described above. Additionally we collect information related to your interaction with any ads on our site and any emails sent by us.
Information You Provide On a Call With Us or and Advertiser
When on a call with us or an advertiser, regardless of whether the call was initiated by you or by us or the advertiser, you may elect to provide information to us. This information is collected so that the advertiser or service provider can produce the most accurate quote or rate on relevant products.
Information We Receive from Suppliers, Third Parties, and other Sources
We may receive information about you from suppliers, those businesses that provide us services (such as service providers, contractors, and consultants), third parties, or other online or offline sources. We may combine such information with the information you have provided to us in order to provide and improve our services including, among other ways, to filter or select the best advertisers or advertisements to show to you or to target or measure the performance of advertisements. Below are a few examples:
- Advertisers may send us information they have collected about you. For example whether or not they provided you a rate and whether or not you made a purchase from them.
- Advertisers and other third parties may share information they've collected about you with us when you interact with their websites.
Any Other Information You Choose to Provide to Us
If you contact us via another method (eg mail, email, etc). We collect the information you provide and use it in compliance with applicable law to resolve your request.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We use your information to:
- Complete your quote request.
- Contact you via phone call, email, mail, and text message. Communicate with you, including by phone calls, email, mail, and text messages. According to our terms, by providing your contact information you are agreeing to receive communications from us or a third party. The following methods may be used.
- Provide our services and information about our services.
- Provide information about products and services from our advertisers.
- Communicate with you to complete your request for quotes.
- Respond to your questions.
- Improve our business practices including service offerings, technology, advertisement placement and targeting, and measurement of campaign success.
- Track trends in in the usage of our services
- Increase security of our services.
- Prevent fraud and validate your identity.
- Comply with all applicable law.
WHEN AND HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We may share the information we have about you a follows:
- With Advertisers.
We share the information you provide with advertisers who are capable of quoting rates for the relevant products. For example, if you submit information related to a request for insurance quotes, we will provide matched insurance providers your information in order to enable them to provide the requested quotes. Use of our website constitutes agreement that this information be collected and shared with relevant service providers. This includes agents, carriers, brokers, and lead aggregators, as well as other providers. Details to note:
- The types of information shared with advertisers vary based on the type of product you are requesting quotes from. For example, vehicle information may be shared with an advertiser for a consumer requesting auto insurance quotes. Home information may be shared for a consumer requesting home insurance quotes. Contact information including phone number, email, address etc will be shared for the majority of requests.
- All our advertisers are required to secure any personal information they store about our consumers. The uses of this information are governed by our agreements with them as well as federal, state, and local law.
- With Our Service Providers and Other Third Parties. We may share the information we have about you with those business that provide services to us including vendors, suppliers and other third parties in order to:
All our third party vendors are contractually and legally required to secure any data we share with them.
- Measure the performance of our campaigns and websites.
- Optimize ad targeting by sharing aggregate (not personally identifiable to you) information.
- To prevent fraud.
- For legal, safety, and security reasons. This means we may share information about you if we reasonably believe that disclosing the information is needed to:
- Comply with any valid legal process, governmental or law enforcement request, or applicable law, rule, or regulation (e.g., subpoenas, court orders, federal/state audits or similar circumstances, etc.).
- Protect our rights, property, or safety or those of the advertisers, our suppliers, or others.
- Detect and resolve any fraud or security concerns.
- As part of a merger or acquisition, asset sale, financing, liquidation, or bankruptcy. If we become involved in any merger, asset sale, financing, liquidation or bankruptcy, or other acquisition of all or some portion of our business by another company, we may share your information with that company before and after the transaction closes.
THIRD-PARTY CONTENT, LINKS, AND INTEGRATIONS
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION
We keep your information:
- That you submit through our websites and webforms (like your name, phone number, address, email address, etc.) until you ask us to delete it.
- For as long as necessary to resolve disputes and/or enforce our rights and agreements.
- If it is aggregated, anonymized, de-identified (i.e., not capable of identifying you) then indefinitely.
- In our backup or disaster recovery systems for a limited period of time or as required by applicable law.
You can ask us to delete your information at any time by contacting us.
HOW WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE
We recognize the importance of safeguarding the confidentiality of your Personal Information. Accordingly, we employ reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards to protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, disclosure, and use. Even with these safeguards, no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect information transmitted on or through our Site and Services we cannot, and do not, guarantee the security of any information you or we transmit on our Site or using our Services, or that you or we transmit over any other electronic network and you accept any associated risk.
Of course, if we learn of a security breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. We may also post a notice on our services if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive a notice of a security breach in writing. If you have any questions about the security of your information, please Contact Us.
COOKIES AND OTHER TECHNOLOGIES
As discussed above, advertisers, our service providers (including any other third parties working on our behalf), and any other businesses (third parties) who collect information on our services, may automatically receive certain information associated with you and/or your device(s) as part of your use of our websites and webforms through browser or device-based tracking technologies such as cookies, pixels, tags, beacons, scripts, or other technology.
Many devices and browsers give you the option to manage and/or disable cookies and other online tracking technologies. To opt-out of the use of these technologies, you can change your browser options to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies. To assist you, we compiled directions for some commonly used browsers and devices in the table below. Keep in mind that not all devices and browsers are the same so the methods described below may not work for your browser, browser version, or device and may change at any time. We encourage you to refer to the relevant instructions for your particular device or browser.
Before you dive in, please note, if you opt out of the collection and use of information via cookies and other tracking technologies, you may still see customized advertising displayed by advertising networks from which you have not opted out. In addition, your opt-out will not prevent any advertising network from displaying advertising that is not customized to you and your interests and, consequently, may be less relevant to you. You will need to make such choices on each browser and device you may use to visit our websites and webforms.
Disabling Cookies in Browsers. When you elect to opt-out on a website, including our websites, an opt-out cookie is placed on your device. Then when you visit the same website, the opt-out cookie tells the website you opted out. This means that blocking all cookies may then prevent the websites from operating as expected and may also prevent your consent choices from being stored. This may mean that if you opt-out and then block cookies, we may not know about, or be able to honor, your opt-out. You should also be aware that blocking cookies on your computer will not affect your consent choices on a different device, such as a mobile device. You may want to keep this in mind when determining your browser cookie settings. For more information on how to disable cookies on the most common browsers see below.
Other Options for Disabling Online Tracking. Blocking cookies in your browser may not prevent cross-site tracking of your online activity using other online tracking technologies. In addition to managing your cookie settings for your browser, you can opt-out of tracking directly with the businesses that operate the tracking technologies. To opt-out of certain analytic tracking by our service providers visit the links below:
Do Not Track. Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals (go here to learn more). Web browsers may incorporate or activate these features differently, making it unclear if users have consciously activated them. As a result, we do not take steps to respond to such signals.
European Visitors. This site is not designed for use by European visitors. This is only for use by consumers in the United States of America.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
To manage or make choices about the personal information (as known as personal data) we have about you, review Your Choices and Controls. If you are a resident of California, a resident of Nevada, or a citizen of a European Economic Area (EEA) Member State, review the applicable sections below to learn more about your privacy rights. If you are a parent or legal guardian or a representative, review the sections identified below to learn more about how you may exercise rights on behalf of your child or another person.
- California Residents. If you reside in California, the following additional information about how we use and disclose your information and any additional rights you may have is below:
- Uses and Disclosure of Your Information. For more information on information we collect, including the sources we receive information from, review Information We Collect. We collect and use these categories of personal information (also known as personal data) for the business purposes described in How We Use Your Information, including to provide, manage and improve our services.
- Rights Regarding Your Information. If you are a California resident, you have the right to delete personal information we have collected about you and you have the right to know certain information about our data practices in the preceding 12 months. You have the right to request the following:
To exercise any of these rights, please submit a request to us in our Privacy Center or call us at 1-844-994-4252. In the request, please specify which right you are seeking to exercise and the scope of the request. We will confirm receipt of your request within 10 days. We may also ask you for specific information to verify and process your request. Keep in mind, if we do not have information that permits us to verify your identity, we may deny your requests to know or delete.
- categories of personal information we have collected about you;
- categories of sources from which the personal information was collected;
- categories of personal information about you we disclosed for a business purpose or sold;
- categories of third parties to whom the personal information was sold or disclosed for a business purpose;
- business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information; and
- specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
Right to Non-Discrimination. Should you wish to exercise your rights as a resident of California, we will not discriminate against you by showing you different products or services based solely upon your request. Kindly note, however, if the advertisers require additional data or information from you before providing quotes, rates, or other information, exercising your California rights may limit the number and range of advertisers who are displayed in response to your request.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information. Some of our sharing activities may be a “sale” of personal information under California law. For example, when we share information we collected automatically from you with advertisers in order to create consumer profiles and present our advertisers' products and services to you. Subject to certain exceptions, as a California resident, you may opt-out of the “sale” of your personal information at any time by taking the following actions:
- For information collected automatically through cookies and similar tracking technologies change your browser settings to stop accepting cookies or to prompt you before accepting cookies. To learn more, read Cookies and Other Technologies.
- For all other information, if you wish to put on file with us your preference to opt-out of our sharing of your personal Information with third parties for such third parties' direct marketing purposes or to find out more about your opt-out rights, please submit your request through our Do Not Sell My Personal Information form or call us at 1-844-994-4252.
Shine the Light. California residents may, no more than once per calendar year, request from us information about our disclosure of certain categories of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To be valid, requests must be submitted to us at in our Privacy Center and select the “Access My Information” option from the drop down menu. We will provide you within 30 days of receiving your request, a list of the categories of personal information (also known as personal data) disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes during the immediately preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of the third parties.
- Nevada Residents. Subject to certain exceptions, some of our data sharing practices may be considered a “sale” of your personal information under Nevada Revised Statutes 603A. Nevada residents may opt-out of the “sale” of personal information covered under the statute, by exercising your cookie consent options as detailed in Cookies and Other Technologies or by submitting your request through our Do Not Sell My Personal Information form or call us at 1-844-994-4252.
YOUR CHOICES AND CONTROLS
To allow you more control of your information, we have created our Privacy Center for you to submit the following types of requests and take actions to exercise control over the information we have about you.
- Access and Portability. By selecting the "Access My Information" option from the drop-down menu in our Privacy Center, you can request to access and receive a copy of the information we have about you.
- CORRECTION OR MODIFY (ALSO KNOWN AS RECTIFICATION). By selecting the "Correct or Modify My Information" option from the drop-down menu in our Privacy Center, you can request to correct or modify the information we have about you.
- Deletion (also known as erasure). By selecting the "Delete My Information" option from the drop-down menu in our Privacy Center, you may submit a request to delete the information we have about you.
- Revoke Consent or Object to Processing. By selecting the "Revoke My Consent or Object to Processing of My Information" option from the drop-down menu in our Privacy Center, you may revoke the consent you gave to us or object to our processing of the information we have about you unrelated to email & communication preferences, see below for this.
- Marketing and Communication Preferences. We only control our own mailing, marketing lists/subscriptions and policies (You must contact third parties directly in order to stop receiving their communications as they maintain their own communication policies). To change your preferences:
- For email communications: simply select "unsubscribe" in the emails if you wish to unsubscribe to any email communications we send to you.
- For text message communications: text "STOP" in reply to any text message you receive from us if you wish to unsubscribe to any text messages we send to you.
- For phone calls and mailing communications: submit a request by selecting the "Marketing and Communication Preferences" option from the drop-down menu in our Privacy Center, if you wish to unsubscribe or change/update any communication preferences with us.
Please note that each of the options provided to you below are subject to applicable legal limitations. You may be asked to verify your identity/provide additional information depending on the applicable legal requirements for the type of request you are making before you can exercise your choices over the information we have about you. We may reject your request if it falls under several reasons, including as an example but not limited to, if the request risks the privacy of other persons or is unlawful.
For any questions or assistance in exercising your rights, you may also call us at 1-844-994-4252.
QUESTIONS AND SUGGESTIONS
7241 185th Ave Ne
Redmond, WA 98073